Friday 7 August 2015

Salted Caramel & Chocolate Pavlova



 Salted Caramel and Chocolate Ganache Pavlova


Well this post has been a running a little late, I was hoping to post it over a week ago for Waitangi Day which is New Zealand’s National Holiday of February 6th, and I just haven’t got around to it… so here it is finally!

Of course I had to celebrate our national holiday with our national dish – Pavlova, but this time I decided to try something a little different than the usual kiwifruit and strawberry topping that us ‘Kiwis’ like to put on it, so I went for something  a little more decadent…. that being Salted Caramel and Chocolate ganache with a mascarpone vanilla bean cream filling.  I also split my pav mixture into 3 to create a layered style version… which gives off a lovely chewy texture to the pavlova(which I prefer), rather than the marshmallowy inside of the single version.

For the filling, I just whipped up some cream and added a pkt of mascarpone cheese, along with a tsp. of vanilla bean paste, adjust it to your liking.

So here's the recipe...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment