Friday 7 August 2015

Carnival Meringues

Carnival Meringues

As many of you are aware a couple of months back I set up stall at the encraftment market here in Christchurch, New Zealand, just prior to Christmas. We had a fantastic day, gorgeous blue skies and the lovely location of the Cathedral square in the central city, slowly healing after the 2010/2011 earthquakes. It was great to feel the bustle and buzz of people in the city again.

Encraftment Market encraftment market2

I had been meaning to set up a market stall for quite a while, and had previously been making meringues for my brother-in-laws birthday bash, which gathered quite a response in popularity, so I decided these would be a great little item to sell at the market and to promote my food blog as well.

Carnival Meringues

So the week prior I made meringues, meringues and more meringues… different flavours, such as vanilla bean, candy cane, rosewater and pistachio, lemon, coconut, coffee, chocolate…just to name a few… and the different colours.  I had come to the conclusion that the kids loved the colours and the adults would be more attracted to the flavours.

Candy Cane Meringues

On the day of the market everything went fantastically, so much so, that I was concerned I was going to run out of meringues to sell. By the end of the day there were only a couple of packets left.  Thanks to my dear friend Brigid, and my niece Ana for helping out.

Carnival Meringues

 

So as promised to so many people out there who have asked – here is the recipe for these stunning meringues… and please do not do what I did and add a little too much colour gel paste, as you can see from the pics above…go easy on the colour! :-)

 Carnival Meringues

 

Carnival Meringues

No comments:

Post a Comment