Sunday 23 August 2015

Ground Almond Biscuits

             

        

ground almond biscuits
 
 The other day I was heading over to my friend Eliane’s house to take some photos of her gorgeous wee newborn Monica who was only 10 days old, and I suddenly thought, I must take some home baking.

Realising that they are on a dairy free diet I was panicking though, thinking, what on earth shall I make?   so I sifted through my  recipes and found a gluten free recipe that my mum makes every time she visits us, that has no dairy in it – so dairy free and gluten free, bonus! and I happened to have ground almonds in the pantry, double bonus!
So after deciding  I was going to some effort to bake something I decided I better post it on the blog too…  then I decided to go a step further and dress up these delicious bikkies..
 
ground almond biscuits

 
 
ground almond biscuits
 
Ground Almond Biscuits
  • 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
  • 1 egg
  • grated rind of 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp,  vanilla essence
  • 210g ground almonds (3 x 70g pkts)
  1. Whisk together icing sugar and egg until well combined.
  2. Add lemon rind and vanilla essence.
  3. Add the ground almonds and mix well.
  4. On a surface dusted with icing sugar, knead the mixture together.
  5. Shape the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray, and press with a fork or cookie stamp to flatten, then dust with a little icing sugar.
  6. Bake at 170c for approx. 15mins.

untitled-0577E2web

No comments:

Post a Comment